Open during classes, events & by appointment.
About Tissu Sewing Studio
Welcome to TISSU Sewing Studio. Nestled in the vintage quarters of Clifton Square Village sits a charming fashion sewing "school" bringing back - with style - time-honored fashion arts & crafts with a modern twist (blink twice & you'll miss this local gem & eclectic nook of creativity). Meaning “fabric” in French, TISSU (pronounced "tís soo") isn't your ordinary sewing school. We pride ourselves in honoring culture & tradition, yet pushing the limits in contemporary fashion design. We encourage our students to embrace their individuality & curiosity, standing out from the crowd instead of blending in. We inspire them to imagine & create, with limited technology utilizing only their minds, hearts & hands.
Our goal is to introduce the art of sewing & fashion design to a new generation, empowering youth, teens & the young at heart through handcrafted traditions & creative self-expression.
We offer an imaginative learning environment, innovative classroom projects & character-building programs in:
- Fashion Design
- Accessories Design
- Sustainable Fashion
- Costumes (cultural, contemporary)
- Global Fabric Crafts
And don't forget about our SEWCIALS:
- Sewing Lounge - Free creative/craft/sewing meetups at TISSU
- FINAL FRIDAYS (see Events) - Showcase of local artists & designers
- Sewing & Birthday Parties (all ages)
- Pop Up Shops (see Community & Pop Up Shop)
- Little Free Library - FREE books! Take a book, replace a book. Open 24 hrs. a day (on our deck) *Available Spring 2018
There's something for the entire family. We look forward to hearing from you & HAPPY SEWING!